Applying to Public Colleges
College – HOW TO APPLY – APPLY TEXAS
At APPLY TEXAS you can Research your options.
Admission information for every Texas Public University, plus some private and two-year schools.
1. Go to Apply Texas to complete your applications for Texas 2 – 4 year colleges! If there is an application fee, you must pay for your application to be processed. (If qualify for free or reduced lunch or financial assistance you may qualify for a application fee waiver. See Mrs. Lane, Counselor.)
There are ESSAYS that need to be completed and uploaded onto the application.
DO NOT CREATE THEM ON THE APPLY TEXAS WEBSITE. USE a SPELL/GRAMMAR CHECK in a word processing program and then PASTE THEM in the application.
Before submitting an essay online, Apply Texas strongly recommends that you compose and save your essay in a program that uses a mono-spaced font (like NotePad), then copy and paste it into the ApplyTexas essays submission text box.
2. Send ACT or SAT scores from College Board or ACT websites if you did not ask for scores to be sent when you registered (you receive 4 free score reports to colleges). The cost is $12 a score from SAT. There is no fee waiver for sending scores.
3. Send a copy of your transcripts, letters of recommendation, and any other required documents to the college freshman admissions office. If you have questions about their process, contact them. Their information can be found on their websites.
Complete a TRANSCRIPT REQUEST FORM in the counseling office. The counseling office will send your official transcript for you when you turn in your COMPLETED TRANSCRIPT REQUEST FORM.
4. Did you take dual credit classes? You need to request a transcript from Hill College and send it to the college too. (The school cannot do this for you.)
5. Is there a scholarship application on the Apply Texas site where you are applying? Complete the scholarship application!
6. Proof of vaccination against bacterial meningitis.
7. Males 18 years of age and older. MUST Register for selective service. A required LAW and condition for receiving ANY financial aid.
When the college receives your documents, they will send you an email letting you know if any other documents are needed.
If they request a 7th semester transcript it will be available at the end of you 1st Senior Semester. That will indicate that they want to review you and are looking to see if you are making positive improvements, and that you did not meet their basic academic, ranking or testing requirements.
Top 10% Rule
Please see website for details.