Hubbard Elementary News
Hubbard Elementary News
January 22, 2019
Daddy Daughter Dance
Thank you to the Middle School PTO and parent volunteers who decorated and provided the Daddy – Daughter dance for our young ladies. The girls were so excited and looked beautiful. Thanks again to those of you who made this event possible.
100th Day of School
Next Monday, January 28th marks the 100th day of school this year. We are over the half-way point as we move forward in the spring semester. The 100th day is always a big event for young Elementary students as they learn to count to 100. Please check your child’s folder for specific classroom activities.
Dress Code Reminders
Please make sure that students are dressed appropriately for the cold weather, especially the younger students who must come go in and out of the building during the day. Please help us keep track of coats by putting your child’s name somewhere inside their jacket. Also please review the hair code for Elementary including the length of boys’ hair and that no unnatural colors are allowed unless it is a spirit day. This includes, pink, purple, blue, etc.
- Hair should be clean and neatly groomed and kept out of the eyes.
- No unnatural hair colors will be allowed.
- Boys’ hair must be close to the same length all over the head. And may not be longer than the top of a collared shirt.
- No tails, pony tails, or braids, for boys. No Mohawks, faux hawks, or pompadours for all students.
- No inappropriate or excessive designs carved into hair such as circles, swirls, letters, numbers, names, patterns, and geometric shapes. Straight lines up to 2 are acceptable.
Just a reminder that we will have the next perfect attendance party in March for students who are at school all day, every day during the third quarter. Also, don’t forget the Outstanding Attendance Field Trip that will be held at the end of the year for students who have 97% attendance for the year!
**Milk is served daily at breakfast and lunch.
Tuesday – Steak fingers, roll, mashed potatoes, green beans, mandarin oranges
Wednesday – Chili cheese dog, tator tots, baked beans, peaches
Thursday – Crispitos, ranch style beans, carrot sticks, pineapple
Friday – Pizza, corn on the cob, broccoli Normandy, mandarin oranges
Next Monday – Spaghetti, garlic bread, peas, carrots, sliced apples
Calendar of Events
January 28 – 100th day of School!
February 6 – Progress Reports